Local Academy Committee
Welcome to the English Bicknor & Aylburton Local Academy Committee Section.
Our Local Academy Committees play a vital role in the life of our schools and the wider Trust. All governance within schools and the wider Trust follow the three pillars of effective governance to provide the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
The Severn Federation Academy Trust are committed to having a rigorous standard of governance, and everyone involved with governance within the Trust agrees to uphold the Code of Conduct.
The Local Academy Governors
The Local Academy Governors have a responsibility for delegated matters concerning English Bicknor & Aylburton schools; including the upholding the Christian ethos of the schools, promoting ties with the outside community, monitoring the impact of the curriculum and ensuring the wellbeing of pupils and staff. The Local Academy Committee meet at least once a term. The Committee Terms of Reference outline the responsibilities and duties of the English Bicknor & Aylburton Local Academy Committee.
The Local Academy Committee represents English Bicknor & Aylburton school's within the wider Severn Federation Academy Trust.
They are responsible for:
- Monitoring the Christian distinctiveness within the schools.
- Ensuring accountability.
- Monitoring and evaluating the schools progress.
- Monitoring safeguarding procedures within the schools.
- Monitoring and promoting links between the schools and the local parish, parents and local community.
- Ensuring the highest possible standards are set, achieved and maintained in the schools.
- Ensuring pupils spiritual, moral, social, and cultural development is nurtured.
- Ensuring the well-being of pupils, staff and families is supported.
- Having a role in the appointment senior members of staff including the Head of School.
Whilst the governors are always open to ideas and opinions they are not primarily responsible for:
- Discussing the individual needs of pupils (please contact your child's teacher for this).
- Complaints/concerns about staff (this should initially be addressed to the Head Teacher).
- Fund raising and social events (this is run by the Friends).
If you would like to get involved in local governance, or to contact the Chair of Committee, please contact the Governance Professional; firstname.lastname@example.org
Composition of the Local Academy Committee
|Head of School||1||1||0|
Register of Interests & Governor Roles
|Name||Governor Type||Appointing Body||Responsibility||Register of Interests/Declarations of Pecuniary Interests||Governor at another school||Term of Office|
|Mrs. Emma Isaac||Executive Headteacher||Ex-officio||Trust employee||No||31.08.22 to ongoing|
|Rev. David Gardiner||Foundation||Diocese of Gloucester||SIAM's/ Christian Distinctiveness|
Chair of Lydney PCC
Chair of Aylburton, Alvington and Woolaston PCC
Primrose Hill Primary Academy
Ex-officio December 2020 ongoing
|01.07.22 to 30.06.26|
|Mrs Linda James||Foundation||Diocese of Gloucester|
Newnham St. Peters Primary School
March 2022 to March 2026
|01.05.22 to 30.04.26|
|Miss Chloe Penfold||Staff||Members of Staff|
|No||20.09.23 to 19.09.25|
|Mrs. Katherine Sian Rolph||Parent||Parents of English Bicknor school|
Chair of Committee
12.09.23 to 11.09.24
Pupil Premium & Pupil Led Grants
Secretary of English Bicknor school PTA
Volunteer at F.D. Baby Bank
Child at a Trust school
|No||08.04.22 to 07.04.26|
|Mr. Luke Collins||Parent||Appointed by the committee on behalf of the parents of Aylburton school|
Health & Safety
Children at a SFAT school
Member of TechIosh
Volunteer Regional H&S Advisor for MS Society
|No||24.03.22 to 23.03.26|
|Dr. Andrew Manton||Parent||Parents of English Bicknor School|
Looked After Children
Spouse of the Secretary of FOEBS
Child at a SFAT school
|No||14.11.22 to 13.11.26|
|Ms. Rebecca Lacey||Co-opted||Elected by committee|
|Director Saltboxes Escapes||No||18.04.23 to 17.04.27|
|Mr. Maurice Bloomfield||Associate Member*||Appointed by committee||Trustee at Bledisloe New Zealand Memorial Trust||Governor of Lydney LAC||09.10.23 to 08.09.24|
* Associate Members have no voting rights
Retired Local Governors
|Name||Governor Type||Appointing Body||Responsibility||Register of Interests/Declaration of Pecuniary Interest||Governor at Another School||Term of Office|
|Ellie Johnson||Staff||Members of school staff||Trust Employee||No|
04.04.22 to 0.04.24
|Geraldine Buckland||Co-opted||EBA Committee||Safeguarding & Children in Care||Treasurer for Edge End Recreational Trust||No|
08.09.22 to 07.09.22
Attendance at Committee Meetings
|Mrs. E. Isaac||Y|
|Mrs. K. Rolph||Y|
|Dr. A. Manton||Apologies|
|Ms. R. Lacey||Y|
|Miss Chloe Penfold||Y|
|Mr. L. Collins||Y|
|Rev. D. Gardiner||Y|
Mrs. L. Jones
Mr. M. Bloomfield
|Mrs E. Isaac||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||7/7|
|Rev. D. Gardiner||Y||Y||Apologies||Apologies||Apologies||Apologies||Apologies||2/7|
|Mrs. L. James||Y||Y||Apologies||Y||Y||Y||Y||6/7|
|Mrs. K. Rolph||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||7/7|
|Miss. E. Johnson||Y||Apologies||Y||Apologies||Apologies||Y||Y||4/7|
Mrs. G. Buckland
|Mr. L. Collins||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Apologies||Y||6/7|
Dr. A. Manton
Ms. R. Lacy
Mr. M. Bloomfield