Vision, Values & Ethos
Compassion, Courage, Perseverance, Respect, Thankfulness, Trust
English Bicknor C of E Primary School
'Through God's love we learn and flourish together'.
We aim to create a kind, caring and nurturing learning environment that inspires all children and enables them to succeed. We support and encourage each other to do our very best in whatever we choose to do.
Our vision is firmly rooted in 1 Corinthians 16:14 - 'Let all that you do be done in love'.
We are two schools with one shared vision, committed to our partnership, yet retaining our separate identities and individuality.
Across both schools we are developing a culture where all members of the learning community work together and respect one another. We encourage children to appreciate their environment and develop an understanding of their impact upon the local community and the wider world.
Our children are at the centre of all that we do and we listen carefully to their opinions and perspectives to ensure that learning has purpose and meaning. We motivate and inspire children to reach their full individual potential by offering a broad, exciting and highly creative experience. The staff are forward thinking, innovative and adaptable; keen to explore teaching approaches and projects that will stimulate the enquiring minds of our children.
We value the holistic well-being of our children, through fostering a caring attitude, with a positive commitment to the ethos and values of a Church of England School. Our open culture of communication throughout the school community ensures all views are valued. We provide a safe environment which develops confidence and independence within our children to prepare them for a life in an ever changing world.
Severn Federation Academy Trust Vision
Our vision is to be creative schools learning together in inclusive, inspiring and nurturing Christian communities where all children and adults are loved and achieve their best.
‘Learning together, with minds that think and hearts that care’
Severn Federation Academy Trust Ethos
At the Severn Federation, Academy Trust everyone works together to put children at the heart of all that we do:
- We are a family of schools, committed to our partnership, yet retaining our separate identities and individuality.
- We collaborate, seeking out the best practice from within our Trust and from the wider educational world to provide robust challenge and support.
- We value each individual and believe that through working together, we can achieve the best possible outcomes.
- We believe that every school, staff member and child contribute to the success of our Trust.
- We make no excuse for having high expectations – our children deserve the best!
- We build learning experiences for all children which relentlessly and intentionally celebrate equity, diversity, belonging, inclusion and justice.
- We enable children to flourish and to live life in all its fullness.